7 East Coast Beers for 2014
by Angus MacCaull
Everybody’s got their beer. Better make that plural! Everybody’s got their beers. Here are my 7 picks for 2014 from the East Coast. I’ve included a cider for good measure. Also on the list is my preferred time of year for each pick.
I’ve left out both the very big and the very small breweries. The beers on this list aren’t generally available outside the Maritimes, but they are available in bottles or cans. I took all of them along on a recent road trip to Ontario. The Ontarians agreed: the East Coast makes good beer!
- Propeller Pilsner, Halifax – summer
- Picaroons Best Bitter, Fredericton – all year
- Rare Bird Full Steam Stout, Guysburough – winter
- Garrison Hopyard Pale Ale, Halifax – all year
- Boxing Rock Temption Red Ale, Shelbourne – winter
- PEI Beach Chair Lager, Charlottetown – summer
- Shipbuilders Cider, Berwick – summer
Can you guess which one’s in the glass above?